All American Sun Oven w/Dehydrating & Preparedness Accessory Package - Workshop Promotion
This special promotion package includes:
- The All American Sun Oven® Solar Cooker
- Multi-Level Dehydrating & Baking Rack Set (set of 3 racks w/1 roll parchment paper)
- Two Easy Stack Pots w/interchangeable enamel and glass lids
- Two Loaf Pans
- Multi-Fuel Water Pasteurizing Indicator (WAPI)
- A totally new computer CD with over 600 SUN OVEN®recipes, solar cooking tips, FAQs, operating instructions, and a video series on how to best use a SUN OVEN® and emergency preparedness tips
- Includes shipping to the continental US
- Hanging Turkey Roasting Rack
- 1 - Cloudy Day Cube Stove Kit
- 10 - Cloudy Day Fuel Disks/Fire Starters
- Normal retail for all components is $483.00.
Did you know you can roast a juicy, golden-brown turkey in a SUN OVEN®?
A sun-roasted turkey does not dry out and retains the moisture. The white meat is uniquely succulent, tender, moist and flavorful.
The Hanging Turkey Roasting Rack accessory mounts in place of the levelator and accommodates up to an 18 pound turkey in a baking bag.
Everything you need for cooking, dehydrating, roasting and water purification!
- New E-Z Sun-track indicators - takes the guesswork out of aligning with the sun. Makes aiming toward the sun easy as 1, 2, 3!
- New improved wind resistance. Larger, T-shaped foot, with included ground stakes, increases the number of delicious meals your family can enjoy, even on breezy days!
- New sealing gasket assures better heat seal!
- New thicker, low lead glass lets more solar energy reach your food. This special glass allows your oven to
- New 20% larger than prior model SUN OVEN® - now you can cook a greater volume of food and use many of your favorite, standard size baking pans!
- get 10 - 15% hotter, delivering delicious meals in record time!
- New dual-purpose, wire leveling rack, with special air-flow design, swings freely to prevent spilling. It can also be set on the Sun Oven® floor, increasing the usable area inside!
- New CD containing hundreds of recipes, Cook’n, the #1 recipe organizer software, Emergency Preparedness information, instructional videos and more!
3-Piece Everything Roaster with Lid & Rack - Available as an accessory
Cooks faster and more evenly than other roasters, Dark porcelain surface and steel core absorb the ovens energy and evenly distribute it to the contents, Safer than foil, Pan and handles are designed to accommodate the eight of the ingredients, Cleans up easily, Includes roasting rack, 13'' x 9'' x 4'' Black.
Multi-Level Dehydrating & Baking Rack Set (set of 3 racks w/1 roll parchment paper)
A simple, effective way to use a SUN OVEN to dry and dehydrate with the power of the sun. Easily stackable wire racks allows up to 3 layers of drying and includes one roll of parchment paper. Use the sun to naturally dry vegetables, fruits, meats, herbs or fish.
Easy-Stack Pots with interchangeable Lids
Spill-free cooking of multiple dishes. Set of two interconnecting enamelware pots which can be safely and easily stacked. Includes an interchangeable enamel lid and a glass lid for improved visibility and browning. Each 3 quart pot holds 3 pounds of poultry or a 3 pound roast.
Multi-Fuel Water Pasteurization Indicator
The TOTALLY NEW All American SUN OVEN® has retained the best qualities of the original Global Sun Oven and added many more user friendly features to create America's most efficient hassle free solar appliance for cooking, water pasteurization, and dehydrating.
Sample Cooking Times
Beef Roast, 2.5 lbs = 1 hour, 20 minutes
Baked Chicken, 3 lbs = 1 hour, 15 minutes
Bread = 45 minutes
Rice = 40 minutes
Chocolate Cake = 35 minutes
Granola = 20 minutes
- Reaches Temperatures of 360 to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit! in USA
- Bake, Boil, or Steam Foods — Boil or Pasteurize Water!
- American made with uniquely American features!
- Dehydrate Fruits, Vegetables, or Jerky!
- Slow cook or cook in comparable time to conventional stove tops or ovens!
- As Portable as a Small Suitcase — Only 22 lbs!
- Ruggedly Built for Years of Trouble-Free Use!
- Totally Safe — No Danger of Fire!
For the past 28 years, SUN OVENS® have been widely used around the world in more than 126 countries and have become the world's most well-respected solar cooking appliance. The TOTALLY NEW All American SUN OVENS® combines the experience gained by cooking millions of meals with the distinctive American cooking needs and lifestyle to create a uniquely American SUN OVENS®.
E-Z Sun-track indicators
The E-Z Sun-track indicators have two holes. As the light of the sun shines through the top hole, a small round dot of light will appear inside the indicator. When the oven is perfectly aligned with the sun, the round dot will be centered over the bottom hole.
Extra thick Ultra WhiteTM Transparent Glass
The Ultra WhiteTM transparent Glass is 25% thicker than the glass on prior SUN OVENS® for increased shatter resistance, improved insulation, and hotter cooking temperatures.
Dual purpose leveling rack
The All American SUN OVEN® is equipped with a dual-purpose leveling rack which hangs inside the oven and swings freely to prevent spilling of food in a pot on the rack. The dual-purpose leveling rack can also be set on the floor of the oven to increase the usable area inside the SUN OVEN®.
Wind resistant alignment leg with ground stakes
Allows you to raise or lower the oven's orientation to meet the sun on the horizon with increased stability. To prevent blowing over in high winds, the alignment leg can be staked to the ground or tied to a table.
One piece collapsible reflectors
The SUN OVEN® can be set up for use or taken down for storage in a matter of seconds. The reflectors literally fall into place at an angle that allows you to maximize the power of the sun.
The reflectors are made of highly polished, mirror-like anodized aluminum that can be cleaned quickly and easily with glass cleaner, and they will never oxidize or rust.
There is never any need to worry about your food spilling in a SUN OVEN®. While cooking, your food rests on a shelf that self adjusts to always stay level as you refocus.
Easy temperature monitoring
A built in thermometer allows you know the temperature at a glance.
Self-contained leveling leg
As the sun is at different points on the horizon the SUN OVEN® can readily be adjusted to follow it. A simple adjusting leg allows you to choose from 9 angled positions.
Extremely well insulated
A thick batt of non-toxic insulation retains heat. Food cooked in the sun and left in the oven will remain hot for hours. Cold air is held out allowing the SUN OVEN® to be used on sunny days year around regardless of the ambient temperature.
Light weight, easy to carry
The ALL AMERICAN SUN OVEN® weighs only 22 pounds (10 kg), folds up like a suitcase, and is equipped with a handle for easy transport.
The SUN OVEN® is so easy to use a child can operate it!
Benefits of solar cooking
Benefits of cooking in a SUN OVEN®
- Cook for free
Bakes, Boils or Steams Any Kind of Food with the Power of the Sun – No Fuel Needed!
- No learning curve
Create your favorite recipes as you feast upon natural sun baked treats!
- Just like your home oven
Reaches Temperatures of 360° to 400° F!
- Totally Safe – No Danger of Fire – Never Burn Dinner Again!
- Versatile, Easy-to-use, Portable as a Small Suitcase!
- Satisfaction Guarantee:
If you are not completely satisfied with your SUN OVEN® you may return it within 30 days of the date you receive it and you will receive a refund. What are you waiting for?
Cooking in a SUN OVEN® is easy, fun, natural, and nutritious, while helping the environment. SUN OVENS® are ideal for everyday use in your back yard, at picnics, while camping, or in the event of a power failure. They can help keep your house cool in the summer by keeping the heat from cooking outside.
Even though it is called an oven, food can be baked, boiled, and steamed at cooking temperatures of 360° F to 400° F. There is no movement of air in a SUN OVEN®, allowing food to stay moist and tender and flavorful. Sun-baked roasts are tastier and more succulent, and sun-baked bread has unparalleled taste and texture. The aroma of food sunning itself in a SUN OVEN® is sure to please your senses.
Temperatures in a SUN OVEN® rise slowly and evenly, allowing complex carbohydrates time to break down into simple sugars, emanating subtle natural flavors. The even temperature of the SUN OVEN® prevents burning, so you do not need to stir your food while it is cooking.
There are two ways to cook in a SUN OVEN®. If you refocus the oven to follow the sun every 25 to 30 minutes, cooking times and methods will be very similar to cooking with a conventional stove or oven. Or a SUN OVEN® can be used for slow cooking, much like a crock-pot. You can prepare your dinner, put it in the SUN OVEN®, point the oven where the sun will be approximately halfway through the time you will be gone. Leave, and come home to a tasty, slow-cooked dinner. If you run late, there is no need to worry; the SUN OVEN® will keep your food warm, moist, and fresh for hours.
Why Cook in a SUN OVEN®? It’s all about the Food!
The F’s of SUN OVEN® Cooking
Cooking in a Food Friendly SUN OVEN® is Fresh, Flavorful, and Fundamentally Nutritious.
- It’s Fun
It seems almost mysterious to put raw food into a black box and remove a moist, tender, sun cooked dinner. You can enjoy a leisurely day knowing the sun is hard at work gently cooking your dinner.
- It’s Forgiving
SUN OVEN® cooking is the most forgiving method of cooking you will ever experience. Sun cooked food does not burn or scorch, and is very difficult to overcook. A SUN OVEN® transforms unskilled cooks into outdoor gourmets.
- It’s Financially Favorable
After the initial purchase, there is no more money to spend. You do not need to use electricity, or buy charcoal or gas. You can cook outdoors throughout the summer and keep you house cooler, reducing air conditioning costs.
- It’s Friendly to the environment
The sun energizes food without hurting the environment. The air is not contaminated with smoke or greenhouse gases, and no fossil fuels or electricity are required.
- It’s Flameproof
A SUN OVEN® can be used in parks that ban open flame cooking. There is never any danger of fire or of burning food or forests.
- It’s Fossil Fuel Free The sun comes up every morning, and harnessing the sun for cooking does not deplete the earth of its resources.
- It’s a Family Favorite
Using a SUN OVEN® can be one of the most satisfying events you can plan with your kids. You can turn off the TV and computer, let the machine pick up the phone, and go outside and make a sun snack. In addition to healthy food, the family can learn about the power of the sun, nature and the environment through a fun tasty object lesson.
- It’s Flexible
You have the option of choosing how long it will take to cook by choosing how often you refocus the oven toward the sun. SUN OVENS® are portable and easy to carry, enabling you to use them in your yard, at the park, on the beach or while camping or boating.
- It Frees up time
You spend less time preparing, tending and cleaning up sun cooked meals. You can place a frozen meal in your SUN OVEN® in the morning, set the oven where the sun will be mid-day, and come home from work to a meal that has thawed and cooked while you were at work. Cleaning up is easy because the even temperature of your SUN OVEN® prevents the food from burning or scorching your pots or pans.
- It Foils the Forces of nature
A SUN OVEN® enables self-sufficiency in the face of the increasing number of weather and natural disasters which lead to power failures. You can purify water or cook your dinner in the event of a black-out.