By Denis Korn
- We live in stressful and transformative times!
My Be Encouraged post first appeared at the end of 2011, and I have received many encouraging comments about its value in these troubling times. I especially wanted to re-post this updated version. It is not meant to be an article about preparedness or outdoor adventure - it is here to be a brief rest from the apprehension of daily life and the anguish of the times.
I felt a personal calling to write and share this prayer of encouragement as a gift to those needing some uplifting words during distressing events and the constant perpetration by media and government of crisis, fear, and hysteria.
It is difficult to stay positive, feel secure and be joyful when the world around us appears to be dissolving and transforming, and so many people - especially "leadership" - are egocentric and delusional.
We all need encouragement to help us cope.
- Be encouraged: to find tranquility, serenity, courage, and contentment amid the uncertainty, anxiety, and confusion of the times.
- Be encouraged: to trust GOD to replace fear and worry with peace and hope.
- Be encouraged: to embody the right attitude that will carry you through all the trials and tribulations of your life.
- Be encouraged: to avoid those who rob you of your passion.
- Be encouraged: to seek the company and counsel of those who inspire, understand and support you.
- Be encouraged: to seek the wisdom to be able to discern the truth from the lie.
- Be encouraged: to discover someone you can truly trust.
- Be encouraged: to focus your mind and heart on that which edifies, inspires and transforms.
- Be encouraged: to let go of the notion that you can do "it" all yourself.
- Be encouraged: to cast off the chains that bind you to discontentment.
- Be encouraged: to love one another in thought, heart, and deed.
- Be encouraged: to be selfless, not selfish.
- Be encouraged: to be honest with yourself - and others.
- Be encouraged: to set aside a few moments each day to quiet your mind, open the eyes of your heart, meditate in silence and be thankful to GOD for the blessings that you have been given.
- Be encouraged: to deflect the negativity, fear, and hatred that is thrust upon you daily.
- Be encouraged: to experience aliveness as much as possible.
- Be encouraged: to discern the beneficial actions you are called upon to pursue during these troubled times.
- Be encouraged: to be courageous while you walk among the weak and disheartened.
- Be encouraged: not to give up on loved ones who are in denial of the truth of the times and ridicule you for your faith and commitment to being prepared for the unforeseen.
- Be encouraged: to continually search for and discover meaning in all circumstances.
- Be encouraged: to embody forgiveness.
- Be encouraged: to realize and exemplify your GOD given purpose in life.
- Be encouraged: whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - think about (meditate on) these things ... Phil 4:8
- Be encouraged: to pray to GOD with thanksgiving - believe and have faith - let go - follow GOD's guidance and instruction with patience and perseverance.
- Be encouraged: to encourage others!
Blessings to those who are encouraged by these words