The LifeStraw personal water filter, a "Best Invention of the Year" (Time magazine) winner,
enables users to drink water safely from contaminated water sources.
LifeStraw is ideal for homeowners during emergencies such as local
flooding which can contaminate drinking water supplies. LifeStraw is
also ideal for campers and hikers who may be drinking from rivers or
lakes and are unsure of the water safety. Because LifeStraw is
lightweight and compact, it is also great for travelers who do not want
to rely on the quality of local water.
LifeStraw is the most advanced personal water filter available today.
LifeStraw surpasses EPA guidelines for E. coli, Giardia, and
Cryptosporidium oocysts, and rigorous standards for water filtration.
Eartheasy is the official wholesale distributor and retail launch
partner for LifeStraw, which is now available for US and Canadian
customers to purchase. Since 2005, LifeStraw has been used in developing
countries to assist in achieving the United Nations’ Millennium
Development Goals for clean drinking water. We’re excited to help launch
this useful product in North America.
Features & Benefits
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- NEW FOREST GREEN COLOR
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz!
- Does NOT use iodine or iodinated resin
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically. Just keep uncapped so it can dry thoroughly.
- Very durable
- No shelf life. LifeStraw can be stored indefinitely. (Former shelf life estimates have been revised.)
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award-winning & internationally recognized
For each LifeStraw sold in
North America, one school child in the developing world receives clean
water for an entire school year. This is accomplished with the donation
of LifeStraw Community water purifiers to schools. We also have a tree
planted for every order through our partnership with Trees for the
What LifeStraw removes/filters:
LifeStraw filters down to an incredible, 0.2 microns in size! This
removes virtually all the bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%) from
contaminated water and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out
Bacteria removed include:
- Escherichia coli,
- Vibrio cholerae,
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
Protozoa removed include:
- Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever")
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica.
- Length: 9 inches
- Width: 1 inch
- Weight: 2 ounces
- Construction: durable plastic. Does not require replacement parts or batteries, or any chemicals.
- Capacity: filters up to 264 gallons (1000 liters) of water.
- Included: Comes with a lanyard, and a cap for the mouthpiece and end piece